Preschool children and pupils in primary schools use this section. It is situated in the House of Culture (Dom kulture) on the main square of Čačak, in Župana Stracimira Street No. 1.
It is open: Monday – Friday from 7:30h to 19:00h, on Saturday from 9:00h to 13:00h.
For children up to the age of seven the usage of the library is free of charge, older children pay a fee of 200 diners per year. There is a possibility of group membership, in which case each member pays a reduced fee of 100 diners per year. A member of the children’s department can also utilize all the other sections of the library.
In the children’s department, there are about 35 000 titles, among which we have many picture books, obligatory school readings, fictional and non-fictional The department also includes a reading room with space for 15 users, where children are free to read children’s press: The political magazine, The bell of Saint Sava, The knight, Sign-post of the library…
When the children’s department acquires new books, they are specially presented and put in a prominent place, so the section’s users quickly learn about new titles. With its programs, the children’s department contributes to the cultural and educational activities of the whole library.
The children’s section offers following services:
- Organizing literary evenings with well-known writers of children’s books.
- Promoting books and magazines for children.
- Encouraging children to be writers themselves.
- Arranging exhibitions and literary competitions.
- Setting up visits for preschool children.
- Organizing the event The Best Reader of the Year, which takes place at the end of each year (the library awards the most fervent reader of the children’s department and also rewards the youngest one).